Pages

Wednesday 30 January 2013

1# What I Wore Today

As promised, here is my light hearted, fashion related, first edition of a 'what I wore today'. Well, a few days ago, but lets not worry about specifics!

I'm really liking the whole preppy, 60's vibe at the moment, with collared shirts under chunky knit jumpers or sweats. The featured collar has been in fashion for a while now, and is such a convenient look, considering it can be worn dressed up or down, depending on the shirt. Having recently watched a lot of Zoella's YouTube 'haul' videos, she is also a fan of the collar on the odd occasion, and never ceases to amaze me with all the lovely styles and variations you can purchase. I've also become a little obsessed with jumpers. I never seem to have enough of the right style, thickness or colour combos. Living in the UK, and it being cold here 90% of the time, jumpers are a must have for a statement piece.


With this look today, I kept it simple with a denim shirt under a patterned knit cream jumper. You can't see it in my pictures, but this jumper has buttons down the centre back as a feature, and also has multi coloured flecks in the wool. The 'teddy boy' vibe is maintained by the skinny red jeans, rolled up at the end to achieve the cigarette jean shape. Pumps were probably not the best choice for icy weather, but since I was trapcing round London city for the weekend, I thought I could get away with it. Being small and simple, they help accentuate the length of the jean. The necklace, in heavy gold and tacky love-heart style, was to just add a bit of fun to the whole look. The pale pink nail varnish seems to go with everything I wear at the moment, and the make up and hair were, again, an attempt to reflect the 60's vibe, with the eye liner flick and half up-do bouffant (though it had deflated throughout the day). 


Denim shirt | Matalan | SALE £9
Cream jumper | New Look 'inspire' range | £12
Red skinny jeans | New Look | SALE £9
Necklace | Outfit | SALE (can't remember how much though! around £2.50 I think)
Bracelet | Oliver Bonas | Gift from friend
Nail Varnish 'Natural Days' | Make Up Academy | £1.50

No comments: